03 August 2014

The Sani Pass Dream

Jerome - It is just about 3 years to the day since The Great Sani Pass Adventure happened over the 5 day long weekend of 5 to 9 of August 2011. Yes this was not a dream, we did ride up Sani Pass in the middle of winter and over the Roof of Africa on Vespas. Our original post written by Magda, The awesome Sani pass Vespa scooter adventure 2011, is having issues so I am re-working the post in six smaller posts along with extracts from my blog One Day in the Life of Jerome’s and from Marlene’s Woema magazine articles, Bike in jou Taal.

Magda looking good as usual

Magda - I first met Marlene at the 2nd Scooter rally in Hartbeespoort. She looked an interesting unassuming girl and I was immediately drawn to her as a friend. It was there that Marlene unfolded her plans to conquer Sani Pass on her 1979 Vespa. With the ruckus of scooters playing soccer and racing in the background everything seemed right and possible. Without really appreciating what I was getting myself into I signed up for what would be the adventure of a lifetime.

Magda on her GTS250 and Marlene on her PX150

Jerome - Although the Dream was already floating around in our heads as Sani Pass was on my bucket list and as for Marlene, she had just done Die Hel pass on her 1979 Vespa PX150 and Sani Pass was her next target. So on 20 February 2011 at a Scooter Rally in Hartes the Sani Dream became a reality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment